Welcome to Soroptimist International of Vancouver
Soroptimist International of Vancouver was chartered in 1926. It was the first Soroptimist club chartered in Canada. The Vancouver club has benefited from the support of a number of dynamic women who have worked constantly to make a difference for girls and women in our community and internationally.
- Human rights for all
- Global peace and international goodwill
- Advancing women’s potential
- Integrity and democratic decision making
- Volunteering, diversity and friendship
Our Focus Objectives:
- Increase access to formal and non-formal learning opportunities.
- Improve access to economic empowerment and sustainable opportunities for the employment of women.
- Eliminate violence against women and girls and ensure women’s participation in conflict resolution.
- Ensure women and girls have food security and access to the highest attainable standard of health care.
- Address the specific needs of women and girls by improving environmental sustainability, and mitigating effects of climate change and disasters.
2014 Annual Awards Luncheon
** You are invited **
enter your RSVP here now
|DATE: SUNDAY, APRIL 27, 2014||TIME: 12:00 – 3:00 P.M.|
|PLACE: BROCK HOUSE RESTAURANT||PRICE: $40|
Musical Theatre Fundraiser:
The Mikado; or, The Town of Titipu is a comic opera in two acts, with music by Arthur Sullivan and libretto by W. S. Gilbert, their ninth of fourteen operatic collaborations.