Violet Richardson Award
Are you a young woman in Vancouver between the ages of 14 and 18 who volunteers in your community or school? Who sees challenges instead of obstacles? Hope instead of despair? If you are a young woman who believes in the power of volunteer action, then you may be eligible to win a Soroptimist Violet Richardson Award.
The Violet Richardson Award recognizes young women in high schools between ages 14 and 18 who make the community and world a better place through volunteer efforts such as: fighting drugs, crime and violence, cleaning up the environment, working to end discrimination and poverty, and more. Volunteer actions that benefit women or girls are especially valued.
Soroptimist is an organization of women whose members volunteer in their communities, often working on the same problems that you do. Although we realize that volunteering is its own reward, we also know it feels good to be recognized for your actions. And that’s why we sponsor this award.
- are currently in high school between the ages of 14 and 18,
- live or volunteer in Metro Vancouver (City of Vancouver or City of Richmond)*,
- have demonstrated initiative in both identifying a problem and trying to solve it, and
- have had significant and noteworthy accomplishments as volunteers
*Note: applicants from the cities in BC where no Soroptimist club around are also welcome
How to Apply
If you think you would make a good Violet Richardson Award candidate and if you or your organization is located in Metro Vancouver, please apply online:
For further information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for the Violet Richardson Awards is February 14, 2023
Good luck! We applaud all applicants’ efforts to make our community and the world a better place.
* [Download flyer to post and share around about Violet Richardson Award: pdf flyer]